- Ben and Andrés were awarded project from MITACS Globalink to hire two international undergraduate research assistants in summer 2023, congrats! See the job advert here on our opportunities page (applications due 22 September 2022).
- Lauren, Connor and Andrés presented at ABS 2022 in Costa Rica.
- Deborah and Anna joined the team as WISEST Summer Research Program students. Read more about them on our people page.
- Congrats to Andrés for being featured in the Psychology alumni and friends newsletter | Summer 2022 as the STAR student
- Lauren is named Editor-in-Chief of Learning & Behavior, announcement here.
- Karen Yeung joined the team as a Summer 2022 Mitacs Globalink Research Intern. Karen is an Ecology & Biodiversity (Intensive) major student at the University of Hong Kong who is also minoring in Biochemistry. Karen will be running experiments with Connor and Ben for the ManyBirds project. Welcome to the team!
- Connor Lambert was awarded an Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship Congratulations, Connor!
- Julia Self (URI – Undergraduate Summer Stipend) and Cailyn Poole (Research Assistant) are working in the laboratory this summer, and we are so glad to have them stay around!
- Lauren traveled to Indiana University to give a talk to the Integrative Study of Animal Behavior folks
- Connor, Andrés and Gopika all give talks at (virtual) CO3, the 29th International Conference on Comparative Cognition
- Connor won the inaugural “Best Publication by a Graduate Student in Comparative Cognition” from the Comparative Cognition Society for his paper: Lambert, CT, Guillette, LM (2021) The impact of environmental and social factors on learning: A meta-analysis. Biological Reviews, doi: 10.1002/BRV.12783
- Lauren gave the Departmental Seminar in the Department of Psychology at the University of Alberta
- Congratulations to ACRG BSc Psychology Honours Thesis student Julia Self who was awarded a Green & Gold Student Leadership and Professional Development Grant to attend the 2nd World Diversity in Leadership Conference from June 20-24, 2022 in Edmonton, Alberta
- Lauren gave a seminar to the Department of Psychology, Neuroscience and Behaviour Colloquium at McMaster University in Ontario, Canada
- Lauren gave a seminar to the Ecology, Evolution & Behaviour group at McMaster University in Ontario, Canada
- New paper by first-author and ACRG PhD Connor Lambert wit co-authors from our Department of Psychology colleagues Prateek Sahu and Dr. Chris Sturdy “Among-individual differences in auditory and physical cognitive abilities in zebra finches” published in Learning & Behavior
- New paper with Tas Vamos, Sue Healy and Simmone Meddle: “Involvement of the neural social behaviour network during social information acquisition in zebra finches” bit.ly/3Bnves5
- Awarded Animal Behavior Society Outreach Grant 2022
- Congrats for former ACRG teammate Harsimran Khinda who will start in the New York University College of Dentistry (USA) PhD program this summer!
- New team member: Dr. Ben Whittaker joins the team as a postdoctoral researcher. Follow Ben on twitter @ba_whittaker
- New(ish) team member: Jessica Hewitt joins the team as an independent studies student. Jessica has volunteered with the ACRG for over a year.
- Congrats to Gopika Balasubramanian for successfully defending her MSc thesis!