Victoria Rennie (she/her)
Victoria Rennie was a honours student with the lab from 2020-2022. She was also the lab manager for that time. Her thesis looked at feather angle as a potential expression of emotion in Black-capped chickadees.
Michelle Gao (she/her)
Michelle Gao was a NSERC USRA student during the summer of 2022. During her time at the SNL Michell built over 100 cages!! She is a health sciences student at McMaster University in Hamilton.
Jenna Congdon (she/her)
Jenna received both her MSc. and PhD. from the University of Alberta. She also completed a MITACS postdoctoral fellowship with the Toronto Zoo. Currently, she is a professor at Concordia University.
Kimberley Campbell (she/her)
Kimberley obtained both her MSc. and PhD. from the University of Alberta. She is an avid bird lover and is passionate about teaching. She is interested in teaching a variety of Psychology , Biology, and Statistics related topics at a post-secondary level. Currently, she is a sessional instructor at the University of Alberta, Grant Macewan and Concordia University.
Kina Montenegro (she/her)
Carolina (Kina) Montenegro began her scientific career as a research assistant, studying flashbacks in individuals with PTSD in the Laboratory of Consciousness, Cognition, and Psychopathology at Binghamton University. She has a life-long interest in animals and believes that through studying animals we can gain a deeper appreciation for animals and our environment.
Thomas Benowicz (he/him)
Thomas was an honours student from 2019-2021. He is currently an MEd in Counselling Psychology Student at the University of Alberta. He holds a BSc (Hons) in Psychology and has been involved in research and practice in numerous areas of psychology for several years. He spends much of his free time outdoors, including skiing, hiking, kayaking, skydiving, and exploring Alberta.
- Marc Avey, B.A., University of Western Ontario; M.Sc., University of Alberta (defended September 2007); Ph.D., University of Alberta (defended 16 August 2011); OHRI postdoctoral fellow, Ottawa, Ontario; now Senior Manager & Lead, Guidance Innovation Hub Global Health and Guidelines Division, Public Health Agency of Canada; Lead Health Scientist, ICF, Fellow at the NIEHS
- Laurie Bloomfield, Ph.D., University of Alberta (defended 20 June 2007); now Associate Professor and Chair of Psychology, Algoma University
- Neil McMillan, Ph.D., Western University; former Postdoctoral fellow (co-supervised with Marcia Spetch); Research consultant and Sessional Instructor
- Lauren Guillette, B.A., Ripon College; M.A., Mount Holyoke College; Ph.D., University of Alberta (defended 28 August 2012); British Academy and Royal Society Newton Fellow, University of St. Andrews, UK; now Assistant Professor, University of Alberta, Department of Psychology
- Allison Hahn, B.A., M.A., Northern Michigan University; Ph.D., University of Alberta (defended 11 September 2015), NIH-funded postdoctoral fellow at University of Wisconsin, Madison; now Visiting Assistant Professor, St. Norbert College
- Marisa Hoeschele, B.Sc., University of Guelph; M.Sc., University of Alberta (defended November 2008); Ph.D., University of Alberta (defended 30 November 2012); former Banting Postdoctoral Fellow; Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Vienna, Austria; now Group Leader, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Acoustics Research Institute
- Darren Proppe, B.Sc., Texas A&M University; M.Sc., Eastern Kentucky University; Psychology/Biology Ph.D. student (co-supervised by Colleen Cassaday St. Clair); now Assistant Professor of Biology, Calvin College