The Group Processes and Intergroup Relations Preconference at EASP 2020 brings together world-renowned scholars whose work focuses broadly on addressing social and societal issues. This is a diverse field of inquiry, and as a result, this preconference addresses social and political decision making and social change from the perspectives of political psychology, social identity, small group decision making, and the experiences of stigmatized identities.
Where: June 30, 2020
Venue: room 6.01, Institute of Psychology, 6 Ingardena Street
Poster Submissions and Early Career Speaker
We encourage early career scholars (graduate students and new post-docs) to submit an abstract. We will select one abstract from our pool of submissions to give a full talk alongside our distinguished speakers. Please follow the below guidelines for submission.
- Submit an abstract to email@example.com which summarizes your empirical findings and details your work’s scientific contribution.
- Abstracts should be no longer than 200 words.
- Please submit word or PDF documents.
- Abstracts should include a cover page with the contact information of all authors and indicate the corresponding author.
- Please indicate on your cover page if you would like to be considered for the guest speaker competition.
- Submission deadline: April 01, 2020, 11:59pm PST.
Graduate Student Development
Graduate students who attend the Group Processes and Intergroup Relations preconference will have the opportunity to engage with the invited speakers to learn about the current state of the field and get tips for their futures within it. Dr. Ana Leite of Durham University (UK) is leading this development opportunity.
Registration will be open in March 2020, and priority will be given to those whose submissions are accepted to the conference. After this, the registration will be based on a first come first serve basis as we have limited capacity. The registration fee will be $59 CAD (approx. €40) and it will include coffee breaks and lunch. For those coming from disadvantaged backgrounds, we can waive the registration fee. For this, please directly contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preconference registration can be completed at https://subline.ualberta.ca/53.